Whether your business is just starting out or outgrowing your current space, the decision about the right office space can be hard. Should we renovate an existing space or build a brand-new site?
When it comes to choosing a new space for your business, there are many things to consider, not the least of which is budget. Renovating an existing space can often cost less than a new build, but there are several factors to consider:
- Can you find an existing space to meet your needs? Consider how much space you need now and for potential growth in the future. Do you need cubicles or offices, or a shared conference space, etc.?
- Consider long-term renovations and upkeep. An existing building may require more significant updates over time than a new building, and those expenses may outweigh the upfront savings.
- What is your timeframe? In most cases, a renovation will take less time than a new build, especially if demolition of an existing structure is necessary. Consider when you need to be in the new office, and if you will need to move in before construction is completed.
- What are your design preferences? Starting from scratch with a new building gives you a blank slate to choose the design elements you want. This may be limited in a renovation.
- Energy-saving options. Construction from the ground up allows you to choose some energy efficient elements that may not be an option with a renovation project, and those can save you money in the long run.
- Location, location, location! if location is a crucial factor for your business, available options may be the deciding factor in whether you decide to you build or renovate.
Prairie Construction is experienced in renovations and new builds of all sizes. We are committed to completing projects that meet our client’s needs on time and within budget. Whether you decide to renovate an existing space or build a new space, Prairie Construction can help create the perfect office space for your business!